Welcome to the Gilruth Center youth sports page. As we continue to develop our youth sports programs, please take a look at our listings below!
1. MLB Pitch, Hit, & Run Competition (Sat, April 29, 2017). 9am. Free. Open to boys and girls 7-14.
2. MLB Jr. Home Run Derby Competition. (Sat, May 13, 2017). 9am. Free. Open to boys and girls 14U.
3. Summer Baseball Camp, Session 1 (June 12-16). $125. Open to ages 6-12. Camp runs 9am-Noon. Coach: Chuck McElroy (Chicago Cubs). Parterning with Air16Sports/West-Chase Express.
4. Summer Baseball Camp, Session 2 (July 24-28). $125. Open to ages 6-12. Camp runs 9am-Noon. Coach: Chuck McElroy (Chicago Cubs). Parterning with Air16Sports/West-Chase Express.
1.Youth Basketball League (starting in March) - Partnering with Baskets Academy
- Open to grades 2nd-6th. Games played on Saturday afternoons at the Gilruth Center.
- Two divisions: 2nd & 3rd grade and 4th-6th grade.
- Includes a minimum of 7 games, 4 group training sessions, reversible jersey, and 1 award.
- Register by visiting basketsacademy.com
2. Houston Rockets Spring Break Basketbal Camp (March 13-15). 9am-Noon. Open to boys and girls 5-17. $175. Includes free ticket to a Rockets Game. Parterning with The National Basketball Academy.
3. Houston Rockets Summer Basketball Camp (July 17-21). 9am-Noon. Open to boys and girls 5-17. $185. Includes free ticket to a Rockets game. parterning with The National Basketball Academy.
1. NFL Flag Football League (spring). Registration Opens March 1. Open to boys and girls 5-17. $125 per player. Includes NFL reversible jerseys and flags. Parterning with Air16Sports/Bay Area Flag Football.
3. NFL, Punt, Pass, & Kick Competition (April 1, 2017). 11am. Free. Open to boys and girls 6-15.
4. NFL Flag Play 60 Skills Camp (4 week sessions, Sat's and Sun's, starting February 18). Ages 5-8, 1-2pm. Ages 9-11, 2:15-3:15pm. $60. Partering with Air16Sports/Bay Area Flag Football.
1. Summer Soccer Camp (TBD). 9am-Noon. Open to boys and girls 6-12.
2. 3v3 Live Soccer Tour - (Sat, June 24). One day tournament. To view details and registration, click the link above. Earn a chance to play at Wild World of Sports, Disney World.
We can host your next tournament or event at our venue!
We have 3 softball fields, 1 grass infield youth baseball field, 1 soccer field, a 9 hole disc golf course, and 1 indoor basketball gym. All our fields are lighted with concessions, spectator areas, dugouts, and restrooms. Other options may include indoor conference rooms, and outdoor pavilions.
1. Dragging and field lining
2. 3 portable outdoor scoreboards
3. Full size outdoor soccer goals
4. Basketball scoreboard, bleachers, and team benches
5. 2 volleyball net systems
6. 3 pickleball net systems
*MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR ALL OUR PROGRAMS*
REMEMBER, A WELL-ROUNDED ATHLETE IS A BETTER ATHLETE!
Contact for more information:
Drew Dobbins, M.Ed., CSCS
Director of Sports Leagues, Clubs, & Outdoor Recreation