Welcome to the Gilruth Center youth sports page. Take a look at our upcoming programs.
Check back for upcoming programs.
- Basketball Training with Impact Basketball. - Ages up to 18. Sundays from 12:30pm-1:30pm. $65 per four training sessions. Contact coach, Joshua Banks at email@example.com
- TNBA AAU Fall Basketball League (The National Basketball Academy) - September 7-October 26, 2019. Games played on Saturdays at the Gilruth Center Gymnasium. Includes 7 games, plus a reversible jersey. First place receives trophies. Pre-formed team will be accepted into the league. Individual registered players will be placed on a team by the league director.
Divisions: Boys and Girls 1st-8th grade.
Cost: Individual players, $180. Pre-formed team, $130 per player.
Practices and games will be held on Saturday's.
First week are evaluations/draft (August 24).
Starting the second week, teams play one game per week, and on the last week we have our playoffs/championships.
There will be a league director on site who make sure all games a running on time, etc.
A new era of athletes - Science and Sports
Youth Athletic Performance Development Based on Science at NASA Starport
Program Goals -To develop athletic ability by understanding baseline levels and using sports science and evidence based sports performance training to elicit the maximum potential of a youth athlete. Our program, taught and designed by professional coaches with Olympic and professional sport experience will teach proper biomechanics to improve speed, agility, strength and power. Laser timing, force plates, accelerometers, body composition analysis and other measurable will be taken, because if we can measure it - we can improve it.
Each two-hour session will consist of an hour on the field training the most efficient movement patterns as well as an hour in the weight room developing strength and mobility to reduce the risk of injury from the repetitive nature of sports.
Camps starting June 3rd, for youths 8-18 years
Eight week program - Join us for one week or all eight.
8 - 10 am
Week 1: June 3-7, Monday-Thursday camp, Friday - Testing
Week 2: June 10-13, Monday-Thursday camp
Week 3: June 17-20, Monday-Thursday camp
Week 4: June 24-28, Monday-Thursday camp, Friday - Testing
Week of July 1-5, No camp
Week 5: July 8-12, Monday-Thursday camp, Friday - Testing
Week 6: July 15-18, Monday-Thursday camp
Week 7: July 22-25, Monday-Thursday camp
Week 8: July 29-Aug 2, Monday-Thursday camp, Friday - Testing
First Week Special $79 (if signed up by 5/26/19)
4 week option $356 ($89/week)
8 week option $632 ($79/week)
Siblings will receive a $10 discount
- Check back soon!
We can host your next tournament or event at our venue!
We have 3 softball fields, 1 grass infield youth baseball field, 1 soccer field, a 9 hole disc golf course, and 1 indoor basketball gym. All our fields are lighted with concessions, spectator areas, dugouts, and restrooms. Other options may include indoor conference rooms, and outdoor pavilions.
1. Dragging and field lining
2. All fields are lighted
3. Renovated dug outs.
4. 3 portable outdoor scoreboards
5. Full size outdoor soccer goals
6. Basketball scoreboard, bleachers, and team benches
7. 2 volleyball net systems
8. 3 pickleball net systems
9. Outdoor concessions stand
To view our facility rental pricing CLICK HERE
YARD WARS SUMMER CAMP
- Check back for summer 2010! - Ages 6-12. $125. Each day features a new epic game! Games include: Laser Tag (CurbGames), Bubble Soccer (Bubble Bump Houston), and slip n slide kickball. This camp will consist of indoor games and outdoor water games. For refund policy click here.
*MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR ALL OUR PROGRAMS*
REMEMBER, A WELL-ROUNDED ATHLETE IS A BETTER ATHLETE!
Disclaimer: Online processing fees are non-refundable for all programs.
Contact for more information:
Drew Dobbins, M.Ed., CSCS
Director of Sports Leagues, Clubs, & Outdoor Recreation