Welcome to the Gilruth Center youth sports page. Take a look at our upcoming programs.
- MLB Jr. Home Run Derby - Friday, April 26 starting at 6:30pm. FREE. Come meet 2018 National Champion and Gilruth Center participant Cade Climie! Two age divisions 14U and 12U. Pitching machine will be used. Will take place on Field 3 at he Gilruth Center. To view rules click here. To learn more about the Jr. Home Run Derby click here.
TO REGISTER/RSVP CLICK HERE
- MLB Pitch, Hit & Run Competition - Friday, May 10, 2019 starting at 6:30pm. FREE. Ages 7-14. Boys and girls. Competitors compete in four age groups: 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14. Age is determined as of July 17, 2019. Baseball and softball divisions. Competitors get points for pitching and hitting a target, hitting for distance, and running from second base time home. To view specific rules visit pitchhitrun.com
- Summer Baseball Camp - June 17-21. 9am-Noon. $200 per child. Ages 6-12. Fundamental baseball training covering pitching, hitting, fielding. Field 1 at the Gilruth Center. Coach, Chuck McElroy former MLB pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. All participants will receive two tickets to an Astro's Game.
- Summer 1 Houston Rockets Basketball Camp- June, 10-14, 2019. 9am-3pm. $285. Coached by The National Basketball Academy (TNBA). This camp offers extended care through the TNBA. Contact them for questions.
- Summer 2 Houston Rockets Basketball Camp- July 15-19, 2019. 9am-3pm. $285. Coached by The National Basketball Academy (TNBA). This camp offers extended care through the TNBA. Contact the for questions.
- Parent/Child Basketball Tournament - Saturday, July 20. Starting at 9am. Open to parents and child 8-13. Age Divisons will be set based on registrations (8/9, 10/11, 12/13) Cost is $20 per team of two. Winner receives a championship trophy. Played on half court to 21 points. To view rules click here.
- TNBA Fall Basketball League (The National Basketball Academy) - September 7-October 26, 2019. Games played on Saturdays at the Gilruth Center Gymnasium. First week are evaluations/draft. Starting the second week, teams play one game per week, and on the last week we have our playoffs/championships. There will be a league director on site who make sure all games a running on time, etc.
- 3v3 Live Soccer Tour Tournament. Under the Lights. Saturday, June 29. One day tournament. Starting at 2pm. Gilruth Center. Teams are maxed at six players. $185 early early registration (ending $185). All teams play a minimum of four games. All players will receive an official 3v3 Live Soccer Tour tournament t-shirt. (t-shirts not guaranteed for teams that register after the final deadline. The top three teams in each division will receive custom medals for each player. Top 3 teams in each division will qualify for the Regional Championship of your Choice. Adult and child/teens teams are encouraged to play.
We can host your next tournament or event at our venue!
We have 3 softball fields, 1 grass infield youth baseball field, 1 soccer field, a 9 hole disc golf course, and 1 indoor basketball gym. All our fields are lighted with concessions, spectator areas, dugouts, and restrooms. Other options may include indoor conference rooms, and outdoor pavilions.
1. Dragging and field lining
2. All fields are lighted
3. Renovated dug outs.
4. 3 portable outdoor scoreboards
5. Full size outdoor soccer goals
6. Basketball scoreboard, bleachers, and team benches
7. 2 volleyball net systems
8. 3 pickleball net systems
9. Outdoor concessions stand
To view our facility rental pricing CLICK HERE
YARD WARS SUMMER CAMP
- Summer Yard Wars Camp - August 5-9, 2019. 9am-Noon. Ages 6-12. $125. Each day features a new epic game! Games include: Nerf Tag (Yard Wars, LLC), Laser Tag (CurbGames), Bubble Soccer (Bubble Bump Houston), slip-n-slide kickball, rainbow tag, water gun cup race, booger dodgeball, frozen t-shirt race, drip drip dunk, blanket run, pac-man scooter tag, and more! This camp will consist of indoor games and outdoor water games. For refund policy click here.
*MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR ALL OUR PROGRAMS*
REMEMBER, A WELL-ROUNDED ATHLETE IS A BETTER ATHLETE!
Disclaimer: Online processing fees are non-refundable for all programs.
Contact for more information:
Drew Dobbins, M.Ed., CSCS
Director of Sports Leagues, Clubs, & Outdoor Recreation