Welcome to the Gilruth Center Pickleball Center and the thrilling sport of PICKLEBALL!
We have 3 USAPA regulation indoor pickball courts. They are lined in blue.
We also sell JUGS indoor pickleball at the Gilruth Center front desk for your convenience!
MEMBERSHIPS AND DAILY RATES:
*Upon initial annual membership registration all participants will be charged a badging fee of $5. This badge is yours to keep and allows you access to our gymnasium. You must use this each time you enter the gymnasium*
1. Monthly Fee: $5
2. Annual Membership: $50 + $5 badge (one time only*)
3. Daily Fee: $5 (pay per visit)
4. Paddle Rental: $3
5. Jugs Indoor Pickleball For Sale: $2 per ball
As we continue to grow, our mission at the Gilruth Center is one that mirrors the USAPA’s code of conduct with a few additions.
Every person involved in pickleball (participant, official, volunteer, representative, and spectator) agrees to the following:
- I will promote and respect the game of pickleball.
- I will foster a community of pickleballers with the highest intentions.
- I will not move a paddle unless it is my own. Players are limited to only placing one paddle in the stack rotation.
- I will not be involved in unsportsmanlike conduct or encourage others to do so.
- I will not act in a way that would endanger the health, safety or wellbeing of others.
- I will not use foul language or obscene gestures.
- I will treat others and myself with respect.
- I will play fair and honest.
- I will not brag about my position.
- I will follow the Golden Rule of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.
- I will abide by the Gilruth Center Code of Conduct and demonstrate proper housekeeping and facility tidiness. This includes the floor and equipment.
The above Code applies in all situations that relate directly or indirectly to pickleball play.
REGULAR GILRUTH CENTER PICKLEBALL HOURS:
Hours are subject to change with very short or no notice due to NASA/Starport Events. However, when possible, advance notice will be given.
Monday (8am-11am; 2-4:30pm) – 3 courts
Tuesday (8am-11am; 2-5pm) – 3 courts
Wednesday (8am – 4:30pm) – 3 cours
Thursday (8am-11am; 2-5pm) – 3 courts
Friday (8am-3pm) – 3 courts
Weeknights - Limited. Call in advance to check availability. (281-483-0304)
Weekends - (Saturday and Sunday) Limited. Call in advance to check availability (281-483-0304)
GILRUTH CODE OF CONDUCT (click to open)
PICKLEBALL PADDLE STACKING (click to open)
PICKLEBALL SKILL LEVEL DEFINITIONS (click to open)
Drew Dobbins, M.Ed., CSCS
Director of Sports Leagues, Clubs, & Outdoor Recreation