Endangering Encounters Workshop - The Mental Edge and Survival Actions
If you were in danger, would you know what to do?
Are you confident you could you defend yourself in a threatening situation?
Did you know that violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault) is higher in our area than the US, Texas and other parts of Houston? How can YOU stay safe?
Join us to learn all 3 phases of an endangering encounter and learn how to use physiological factors involved to your advantage. Real factors, techniques, and decisions needed to survive a dangerous situation will be discussed and practiced. This hands-on experience will increase your self defense skills and personal confidence level. Come dressed in comfortable work-out type clothes and ready for a fun Saturday morning. A light breakfast will be included.
Sensei Joy LaRochelle, a certified sensei and a 3rd degree black belt, has 17 years of martial art experience and teaches self-defense at the Gilruth and in the Houston community.
- One Day Workshop
- Saturday, August 12th
- 8:00 AM-1:00 PM
- NASA Gilruth Center
- Mars Room
- Breakfast, snacks and water included.
- Early Registration - $135 (thru July 28th)
- Standard Registration - $145 (July 29th-August 8th)
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Risk mitigation and engagement strategies
- Basic techniques: Strikes and Defensive Blocks
- Key Targets
- How to escape typical grabs and choke holds.
- Ground Defense techniques as time allows.