There is something very special happening at the Gilruth on Tuesdays and Saturdays! Sensei Kevin Funakoshi, of the famed Funakoshi family, is right here at the Gilruth teaching traditional Shotokan. Truly world-class instruction with classes spanning young children up to a senior citizen approaching 80 years old, from the newest beginners to multi-striped black belts with decades of experience. If you have ever considered trying Shotokan, or perhaps reconnecting with this awesome martial art, the Gilruth has an amazing opportunity!
For Ages 14 & up!
- Monthly Subscription Classes
- $55 per Month
- Uniform is Required (may be ordered at Gilruth, size chart below - Uniform Order Form)
- Gilruth Center, Studio 3
Dates and Times
- Beginners Class – Tuesdays, 6:00-7:00PM only
- Experienced Class– Tuesdays, 4:00-5:00PM and Saturday 12:15-1:15
Fees & Payment Options:
- $55 Per Month (participants will be notified of any fee changes a minimum of 30 days in advance)
- Subscription may be cancelled at any time,
- Automatic Electronic Payment Required
- No refunds
- No prorated fees
- First Class Free / AdditionalDrop In Rate - $20
“... this Shotokan class is truly special, I don’t think people realize just how lucky we are to have such an amazing instructor right here at the Gilruth!”
About the Instructor: Sensei Kevin Funakoshi is a certified Hachi Dan (8th Dan) under Black Belt Hall of Fame inductee and founder of Funakoshi Shotokan Karate Association (FSKA) Shihan Kenneth Funakoshi (cousin to the founder of Shotokan Karate, Gichin Funakoshi also known as the “Father of Modern Karate”).
Sensei Kevin Funakoshi started training in 1966 under Shihan Kenneth Funakoshi at the original Hawaii JKA dojo in Honolulu, Hawaii. Following the Funakoshi legacy as a Kumite and Kata Champion at the highest level of competition Sensei Kevin Funakoshi is now dedicated to bring out the maximum potential from the current generation of Karate students.