Come learn Irish dance in a fun and supportive environment from former state and regional champion Irish dancer, choreographer and teacher Richard Tew. Richard Tew is the owner of Tew Academy of Irish Dance. He has been teaching this centuries-old dance for 18 years all over Texas and is excited to bring this fun, energetic and legendary art to you.
- 6 Week Class
- August 6th-September 10th
- 12:30-1:30 PM
- Gilruth Center, Studio 1
- Ages 10 and up welcome with parent or guardian.
- Early Registration $60 (now thru July 28th)
- Standard Registration $70 (July 29th-August 6th)
Shoes (Soft dance shoes are recommended but tennis shoes are also acceptable ):
- Women and Girls – Irish Soft Shoes (Ghillies)
- Men and Boys – Irish Reel Shoes
- Metal bottom shoes are NOT allowed in studio.
Shoes may be purchased at Corrs' Irish Shoes for about $30-35 plus shipping and handling. Warning: The shoes from this site are sold in Irish Sizes. Make sure to call the phone number listed and speak to Julian to make sure you are getting the correct American size.