Looking for special a kind gift? Learn to make a one of a kind handmade Jellyroll (with Attitude) quilt from start to finish in just 6 sessions. Your special someone will cherish it forever!
- 6 Week Class
- Tuesdays Evenings
- August 22nd-October 3rd September 12th-October 24th (no class on September 19th) See detailed schedule below.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- NASA Gilruth Center
- Inspiration Room (Lone Star Room on Sept. 26th)
- Early Registration - $90 (thru August 11th)
- Standard Registration - $110 (August 12th-22nd)
- Class size 10-20
- See supply list below
|Tue, Sep 12, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Inspiration Room|
|Tue, Sep 26, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Lone Star Room|
|Tue, Oct 3, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Inspiration Room|
|Tue, Oct 10, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Inspiration Room|
|Tue, Oct 17, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Inspiration Room|
|Tue, Oct 24, 2017||5:30 PM||-||7:30 PM||Inspiration Room|
- Must have a portable sewing machine to bring to class
- Must be able to sew a straight line.
- Homework will be required for completion in 6 week period.
Tools and Supplies Needed:
- Sewing Machine in good condition
- Rotary Cutter & mat
- Big Pair of Scissors
- Neutral thread
- 8 1/2 inch ruler
- Basic sewing supplies (seam rippers, bobbin, rulers, needles, pins, etc.).
- 18-20 different fabrics in 1/4 yard cuts for scrappy color wuilt or for 2 color quilt, 2 1/2 yards each color.
- Marti Michelle Tumbler Template 5 1/2
- Piercing foot (quarter inch)
- Small iron with ironing pad
- Sweater if desired - class rooms may be cold.
Mention this class to receive a 10% discount at Fabrics Etcetera (571 West Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598)
Sample Tumbler Quilt:
About the Instructor:
With a degree in Business Admin/Accounting and Graduate studies in Finance, Ramona Bailey Williams spent twenty years in corporate oil and gas. In 1993, she fell in love with quilting and subsequently became an instructor and designer for Quakertown Quilts/Friendswood in 2001 where she remained until their doors closed in 2011. During her tenure there, she was published in many quilt magazines and books and owner of many quilt awards. But as one door closes, another opens and Ramona was given the opportunity and challenge to convert the Fabrics Etcetera/Webster store from a stitch and sew into a quilt shop in 2012. She is currently designing quilts and in charge of the quilting side of the store. Ramona is especially proud of her latest honor, one of her quilts was featured November 2016, “Treasury of Quilts” by 19th Century Patchwork Divas (Martingale Publications). Ramona is excited to share her skills and knowledge of the craft with the employees of JSC as well as their family and friends.