What to expect from the class
- Basic understanding of printmaking, specifically in relief printing techniques.
- Plate preparation, paper options, carving, and inking techniques
- 3+ Finished original prints
- 4 Week Class
- July 31st - August 21st - 2017
- 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Gilruth Center - Lone Star Room
- Recommended for ages 16+
- Supplies Included
- Not good at drawing? No problem. Traings from a book or magaine work great for this process.
What to Bring to Class:
- Sketch Book - 5x8" or larger
- Wooden Spoon / Spatula
- Early Registration: $125.00 (until July 14th)
- Standard Registration: $145.00 (July 15th -21st)
About the Artist:
Amber Kaiser received her B.F.A in ceramics and fell in love with the process of printmaking and has been practicing for the past 6 years. Soon after graduating, she joined a print co-op in the Houston Heights called Burning Bones Press, where she works alongside many other talented printmakers. She has since traveled internationally, both exhibiting and demonstrating her techniques. She has had her most recent show last year in a collaboration exhibit at the Blue-Orange gallery in Houston. She spends her time working out of her garage studio and the co-op studio. As well as traveling for both inspiration and preparing for future exhibitions.