This class will focus on detailed pencil and charcoal drawings of all life - including animals, ladscapes and the male and female forms. Live models and computer models will used to achieve lively and accurate sketches.
Recommended Daily homework of approximately 30 minutes on computer website, www.newmastersacademy.org will sharpen skills quickly.
See date changes in red
- 4 Week Class
- Tuesdays Evenings
- February 21st-March 21st (No class 3/14 due to Spring Break)
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- NASA Gilruth Center, Longhorn Room
- Early Registration - $60 (thru February 3rd)
- Standard Registration - $70 (February 4th-14th)
- Soft chamois
- 1 Box of Artist Loft sketching pencils or Prismacolor.
- 1Package Vine Charcoal
- 1 Sharpener
- 1 Artist Eraser
- 1 Kneaded Eraser
- 1 Package Blending Stumps or Tortillions
- 1 Strathmore Sketch Pad, 100 Sheets 9 in. x 12 in. 60 lbs
About the Instructor, Lou Ann Lasher (formerly Gramman):
- Masters’ degree in Music and Fine Arts
- Retired after 30 years teaching Art, Music, Drama and History in public and private schools in Texas, Missouri and Indiana.
- 3 years Associate Director - St Louis Symphony Children’s Choir
- 3 years Artistic Director and Founder – Hildago Children’s Choir
- 5 years Performing Artist and owner – Heavenly Harp / Duo Classical
- 20 years Private lessons in Art, Drama, Music and Art Workshops
- Numerous Music Awards & scholarships
- Previous member of the Houston Civic Symphony and Houston Symphony Chorus
- Assistant Professor of Music, Indiana University, 1998-1999