Looking for something special for a Christmas gift? Something uniquely made and personal? If you enjoy putting bits and pieces together in new and different ways, and if you like customizing your art, this is the class for you. The theme of your art is whatever you decide. Your colors, your patterns, your custom made ephemeral creations. Past students have created: new baby, Nativity, Graduation, Housewarming, Bar, Laundry, Kitchen, girls soccer, Football, church, abstract, landscapes, travel, Chemist Lab, office inspirations, Comic characters, music room, and so much more!
Students will spend 5 classes creating materials for an exciting finished project the last class. Techniques learned can be used in endless combinations. Some of these are: rusted paper, marbled paper, faux river rocks and gemstones, and a special technique of mine for textured papers and metallics. Each class will use special materials, create custom ephemeral, and store it to be combined in the final class for finished art on panel that is ready to hang. Best of all, the skills learned can be used again and again in new ways!
- 5 Week Class
- Wednesday Evenings
- November 1st-December 6th -No class November 22nd
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Inspiration Room
- Supplies Not Included – see supply list here.
- Ages 12 & Up (under 16, parent or guardian must remain in the building during class times)
- $65 Early Registration (until October 27th)
- $75 Late Registration (October 28th-November 1st)
- Minimum class size - 10 / Maximum - 20
- BYO - Beer and wine is acceptable.
About the Instructor, Lou Ann Lasher:
- Masters’ degree in Music and Fine Arts
- Retired after 30 years teaching Art, Music, Drama and History in public and private schools in Texas, Missouri and Indiana.
- 3 years Associate Director - St Louis Symphony Children’s Choir
- 3 years Artistic Director and Founder – Hildago Children’s Choir
- 5 years Performing Artist and owner – Heavenly Harp / Duo Classical
- 20 years Private lessons in Art, Drama, Music and Art Workshops
- Numerous Music Awards & scholarships
- Previous member of the Houston Civic Symphony and Houston Symphony Chorus
- Assistant Professor of Music, Indiana University, 1998-1999