The Johnson Space Center Amateur Radio Club's (JSCARC) purpose is to:
- To promote the interest of amateur radio.
- To support and promote the interest of amateur radio in space.
- To provide assistance to members, and prospective members, in their preparation for obtaining or upgrading their Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Amateur Radio license.
- To train for and participate in communications networks organized for public service and emergency operations.
- To provide and maintain a licensed club station.
- To provide and maintain a library of periodicals, texts, and other educational material to support the objectives and interests of the JSCARC.
Their base of operations in located at the Gilruth Center in building #208.