Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy has been used for thousands of years to improve the overall health of the client. Massage therapy is the manipulation of soft tissue (muscles, tendons and ligaments) to enhance the body’s healing and relaxation. Experts estimate that up to 90% of disease is related to stress. One of the many benefits of massage is stress reduction and relaxation.
The benefits of massage include:
- Alleviate back pain.
- Pressure on affected areas help loosen muscles and triggers healing in that area.
- Releasing and relaxing muscles that surround the affected area can also help reduce pain and promote healing.
- Enhance the immune system by stimulating lymph flow which aids in eliminating toxins.
- Relax and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, extreme workouts.
- Improve the condition of the skin.
- Release certain chemicals causing the body to relax.
- Increase flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins and amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Indirectly aid healthy weight loss.
Make Massage Therapy a part of your personal wellness regimen today!
$65 for 60 minutes ($75 for 60 minute hot stone massage)
$35 for 30 minutes
$49 for 45 minutes
$90 for 90 minutes ($100 for 90 minute hot stone massage)
These prices are for actual “hands on” contact time and do not include fifteen minutes of additional time for changing clothes and completing the health history form. These prices cover any type of massage offered EXCEPT Hot Stone Massage.
All of our therapists are knowledgeable professionals. They are registered through the state and are individually selected by Starport Massage Therapy for their skills and experience. They are among the best in their field and bring their own distinctive techniques to Starport.
|Gilruth Massage Policy
Appointments should be scheduled at least 12-hours in advance. Starport has the potential to schedule the appointment with less than 12-hours’ notice if therapists are available. If you will be more than five minutes late for a scheduled appointment, we expect to be notified of your estimated time of arrival. If you will be more than fifteen minutes late or fail to show for a scheduled appointment, we have the right to cancel the appointment and charge you for the full session. At the therapist's discretion, the massage may proceed for the remaining amount of time scheduled and charged for the full session. We appreciate your cooperation with this policy and your respect of our therapists' time.
New Clients:Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of your massage to fill out necessary paperwork. Therapists will meet all clients in the Gilruth Lobby. Please DO NOT proceed to the massage therapy room until accompanied by the Massage Therapist.
For more information or to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call 281-483-0304