Performed by one of our nationally certified personal trainers, our fitness assessment will help you and your trainer gather baseline data, and help provide a basis for developing goals and effective exercise programs. Gathering and evaluating the various pieces of information will give the personal trainer a broader perspective of the client.The results of these tests are reviewed by a Starport certified fitness professional and are used to help develop an individualized exercise prescription plan specific to your needs. Whether you are starting a new exercise program or you have been exercising regularly, getting a comprehensive assessment can serve as both a motivational and educational tool.
Your session will include:
- Body Composition Analysis
- Sub-Max Cardiovascular VO2 Testing
- Circumference Measurements
- Muscular Strength
- Endurance Tests
There are many valid reasons for administering assessments to you as the personal training client. The data collected provides:
- Identification of current strengths and weaknesses that may affect program design and emphasis on specific training components
- Identification of areas of potential injury, or contraindications prior to program initiation
- A baseline for future comparisons of improvement or rate of progress
- Assistance in clarification of short, intermediate, and long-term goals
For current Starport members the fitness assessment is included in your membership at no charge.
Non-Members are eligible to schedule a fitness assessment for $40.
To schedule an assessment, please email Joel Grant, Wellness and Fitness Manager at email@example.com