Facility Specialist (Part-Time)
Times: Sunday - Saturday (hours varies including evenings and weekends)
The NASA Exchange – JSC (Starport) is the morale and welfare organization for NASA’s Johnson Space Center. Starport offers wellness, fitness, recreation, retail, and food services for the employees and Johnson Space Center community. We are currently seeking highly energetic, and outgoing individual to join our expanding team at the NASA Exchange – JSC.
- Maintains quality standards on each assigned tasks.
- Understands and follows daily work instructions according to the assigned work scheduled of supervisor, and applies sound judgement to operate equipment safely, as well as to prevent problems.
- Applies knowledge of standardized and accepted facilities maintenance procedures and techniques in the athletic, fitness, recreation, conference facility, and food service industry in accordance with company approved safety practices and policies.
- Maintains assigned fields, gounds, and exteriors of property in an attractive and safe condition to maiximize curb appeal and safety requirements.
- General room setup and breakdown responsibilities for conference planning, recreation, and fitness programming support.
- 18 year old or older
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year experience of general maintenance and/or athletic field maintenance experience.
Class Instructor/Program Provider
(Contract Employee, Non-Benefit Eligible)
Starport NASA Exchange-JSC is actively seeking class instructors/program providers to instructor classes such as art, dance, cooking, photography, sewing, etc. In order to become a program provider, you must complete and submit Program Proposal Form describing the class, activity or program that you would like to offer/instruct.