(Seasonal May - August)
Starport NASA Exchange-JSC is looking for highly-motivated, active, and creative individuals to lead children typically in a group of 8-10 in a variety of recreational activities during Starport’s annual summer camp; to assist in the use of Gilruth Center and to enforce youth programming rules and regulations.
Monday-Fridays (times varies between 7:15am – 6:00pm)
Age: 18 years or older
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience working with youth ages 5-17 in a recreation, childcare, or camp setting preferred
(Contract Employee, Non-Benefits Eligible)
The NASA Exchange – JSC (Starport) is the morale and welfare organization for NASA’s Johnson Space Center. Starport offers wellness, fitness, recreation, retail, and food services for the employees and Johnson Space Center community. We are currently seeking highly skilled, energetic, and knowledgeable certified Personal Trainers to join our expanding team of fitness professionals at the NASA Exchange – JSC.
- Provide quality customer service to all current and potential clients, regardless of fitness level, appearance, or otherwise.
- Ensure client safety throughout all strength and cardiovascular activities.
- Communicate effectively with the supervisor through phone, email, or in person.
- Enforce all program policies and procedures as it pertains to the personal training program.
- Enforce all building policies and procedures and assist as needed during emergencies.
- Attend all Personal Training and department staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in kinesiology, exercise science, or a similar health field
- At least one year of professional fitness experience in a similar environment required.
- Possess current, nationally recognized CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Personal Training Certification through ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA or other nationally-recognized certifying agency required
- Ability to modify exercises and tailor workouts to meet specific needs of the client.
- Excellent organizational, and written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles.
- Proficiency with fitness assessment equipment, including but not limited to: blood pressure, height, weight, body fat measurement with skin-fold calipers, waist to hip ratio, cardiovascular testing, muscular strength and endurance testing, and flexibility testing.
Please submit resume to Joel.B.Grant@nasa.gov
Member Services Representative
The NASA Exchange – JSC (Starport) is the morale and welfare organization for NASA’s Johnson Space Center. Starport offers wellness, fitness, recreation, retail, and food services for the employees and Johnson Space Center community. We are currently seeking highly energetic, and outgoing individual to join our expanding team at the NASA Exchange – JSC.
- Provide service at the Gilruth Information Desk on assigned shifts
- Greet every patron as they walk in the facility, asking patrons how they are doing, what they are enjoying, and areas where they would like to see Starport expand, etc.
- Assist patrons in the completion of all financial transactions and registrations.
- Provide insight and detailed answers to questions from patrons.
- Provide tours to patrons interested in joining the facility or registering for a specific program.
- Enthusiastic, friendly personality
- Flexible availability
- Customer focused individual
- Prefer 1 year of experience working in customer service, fitness, or a related field
- High School Diploma
Hours of Operation:
Mon– Fri: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
All applicants will be required to pass a federal government background check.
Please submit resume to Kimberly Rosales at email@example.com
Class Instructor/Program Provider
(Contract Employee, Non-Benefit Eligible)
Starport NASA Exchange-JSC is actively seeking class instructors/program providers to instructor classes such as art, dance, cooking, photography, sewing, etc. In order to become a program provider, you must complete and submit Program Proposal Form describing the class, activity or program that you would like to offer/instruct.